LAMILUX Composites is Europe's leading developer and manufacturer of fibre-reinforced plastics. Using the knowledge and experience from 60 years of plastic production, we manufacture sheets and panels from high-strength, sturdy and extremely light fibre composite materials based on polyester and epoxy resin on five production lines. The high-performance and custom-producible high-tech materials provide a range of advantages, especially in the automotive and transport segment.
Our fibre-reinforced plastics are used in side walls, roofs, doors, flooring, translucent roofs, non-slip flooring or as interior wall cladding for commercial and delivery vehicles. The high quality and material properties ideally aligned to the specific field of application set new standards in the commercial vehicle industry.
Advantages of GRP
- A protective gel coat guarantees excellent UV- and weather resistance
- Food approvals according to HACCP standard
- Compared to other construction materials impact-resistant material
- Higher corrosion and hail resistance compared to aluminium
- High mechanical strength while low specific weight
- Simple and easy further processing
- Option for an additional painting
- Glass fibre reinforced plastics are easier to clean than metals
- Glass fibre reinforced plastics are easier repair than with metal
- Huge colour palette (up to metallic colours) for a wide range of applications
Whether a last mile delivery vehicle or a truck – LAMILUX Composites offers products for every size of commercial vehicle that support the vehicle in the daily delivery of goods. Glass fibre-reinforced plastics (GRP) are characterized by their ability to withstand particularly high loads and secure goods so that they reach their destination undamaged. The low weight combined with high stability makes the use of fibre-reinforced plastics suitable for all fields of application, such as roof and wall cladding as well as in the floor.
Hygiene is paramount for the interior of refrigerated and food transporters. LAMILUX has the solution to this problem - a fibre-reinforced plastic with a special nanosilver surface that kills germs within just a few hours. The product provides an antibacterial effect in the interior of commercial and delivery vehicles.
Another challenge exists when loading and unloading commercial vehicles, as damage to the interior wall is quickly caused. GRP combines outstanding impact resistance and strength and protects the commercial vehicle interior wall from scratches and cracks.
Most important features
- High impact resistance
- Low thermal conductivity
- Food safety certification
As a floor structure in commercial vehicles, stability and load capacity are of particular significance. The properties of GRP qualify the composite material for use as a flooring material. Especially with a special anti-slip coating, a stabilizing GRP as a lower layer and a wooden or foam insert in between, the floor is prepared for every load and even makes the vehicles PIEK-compliant.
Most important features
- Anti-slip coatings
- Sturdy and resilient materials
- Underbody materials
Our favorite composite for flooring applications: LAMILUX Anti Slip
TÜV-tested LAMILUX quality
LAMILUX composites are manufactured using a continuous production process on five flat sheet production lines, each over a hundred metres long. Due to the high degree of automation, which ensures that the different material variants can be reproduced at any time, the systems are the most modern of their kind in Europe. Throughout the entire production process, the high production standards are safeguarded by seamless quality management. LAMILUX also has the majority of its laboratory and testing facilities voluntarily tested by TÜV Süd Germany to provide you with consistent 100% quality.
- In thicknesses of 0.3 mm to 5.0 mm (product-dependent)
- In widths up to 3.2 m
- As panels up to 12 m or sheeting up to 300 m in length
- Glass mats, Woven Roving or non crimp fabrics
- Gelcoat layer for excellent UV and resistance to weathering, anti-slip coating
- In a range of colours: RAL, NCS, translucent, dual colour, metallic or custom
- Fibre structure, woven roving structure, high-gloss, matt, decor, dual colour
- Smooth, corona-treated, roughened