LAMILUX Glass-Fibre Reinforced Plastics - Under this brand name, we manufacture panels and sheeting made of glass-fibre reinforced plastics (GRP) and carbon-reinforced plastics (CFRP) in different colours and different cuts with different surfaces. The material is a composite plastic, a material that is becoming increasingly essential in many areas of manufacturing and processing.
A composite generally consists of two main components
e.g. unsaturated polyester, epoxy or vinylester resin
e.g. glass, aramid or carbon fibres
Our production process involves doping fibre mats in various resins and chemical additives in a continuous workflow. The mats pass through various stages, during which specific parameters such as thickness, colour, glass content and curing time are defined. These parameters are decisive for the chemical and mechanical properties of the material. The result is a highly-durable, permanently bonded composite. Further processing stages, such as cutting to size or corona pre-treatment, follow for the final product.
State-of-art production technology supports consistent, reproducible quality which is further guaranteed by end-to-end quality management. This includes continuous process monitoring and final inspection, during which chemical and mechanical properties are constantly monitored in our own lab.
Properties of LAMILUX fibre-reinforced composite
- Smooth as glass
Everything that LAMILUX fibre-reinforced composites can do
- Regular, even surfaces
- Variable glossiness
- Low specific gravity
- Optimum tensile strength
- Highly resistant to weathering and hail
- Effective thermal insulation effect
- Highly resistant to creepage current, excellent dielectric strength
- Low thermal expansion coefficient
- Excellent elasticity
- Clean, trouble-free processing
- Can be combined with heat proofing and insulating materials; can be used for a wide range of sandwich laminates
- Useful as a base material for stone and other materials
- Available in a wide range of colours (RAL and NCS systems, customer-specific colours)
- Environmentally friendly