With its X-treme range, LAMILUX is pushing the boundaries of technology and exploiting the full performance potential of fibre-reinforced composites. The strength and rigidity values are many times higher than those of normal composites.
This makes it possible to reduce the amount of material used, to cut excess weight, and to integrate useful functions – such as extreme impact resistance or the lowest possible thermal expansion.
With a maximum proportion of reinforcement fibres of 50% v/v, and an extremely tough and resilient epoxy resin matrix system, LAMILUX X-treme is the highest performing composite material in the sector.
LAMILUX X-treme is available
- In thicknesses between 0.5 and 2.5 mm
- In widths up to 3.0 m, depending on the product version
- With woven fabric reinforcement or with uni, bi and multi-axial NCF reinforcement
- In sheets or coils
- In a range of colours: RAL, NCS scale and customer-specific colours
- With gelcoat surface for maximum resistance to UV rays and weathering
- Gelcoat surface also available with antibacterial effect
- Other thicknesses and dimensions available on request
- With different treatments on the back surface (sanded or soft sanded), on request
SPECIFIC PRODUCT ADVANTAGES
- Good potential for lightweight construction
- Highest tensile strength and rigidity of all glass-fibre-reinforced composites
- Good heat resistance
- Low thermal expansion
- Exceptionally high impact resistance and damage tolerance
- A tensile strength of up to 900 Mpa
- Caravan sector
- Commercial vehicle sector
- Sports sector
- Building sector
- Medical and hygiene sector
- In X-treme design (epoxy) with enhanced technical properties (X-treme)
Examples for fields of application
LAMILUX ANTIBAC: TRIPLE EFFECT AGAINST PATHOGENS
LAMILUX has developed an innovative composite material for the medical field: this fibre-reinforced plastic has a special nano silver surface which has an antibacterial effect. The effect: Germs die off within a few hours. The innovative material is thus an excellent
choice, e.g., for wall coatings in operating theatres and other medical institutions.
In addition to use in hospitals, there are numerous fields of application for the antibacterial high-tech material in the food industry. More specifically where high standards of hygiene must be complied with, and sterility is of the utmost importance; for example, in cold
stores, refrigerated cells and transports, as well as in processing rooms and abattoirs.
With its permanent effect, LAMILUX AntiBac helps to compensate for natural fluctuations in cleaning and disinfection at every point of the wall and ceiling surfaces. This creates a redundant system of maximum hygienic safety.
What disinfection means here is reducing germs by a factor of at least 105; in other words, thanks to LAMILUX AntiBac fewer than 10 of 1,000,000 replicable germs survive.
WITHOUT LAMILUX ANTIBAC
Cleaning and disinfection are not always equally effective at all locations.
WITH LAMILUX ANTIBAC
LAMILUX AntiBac offers continuous disinfection at any point of the surface, even in hard to reach areas.
LONG-TERM EFFECT & DURABILITY
- Silver ion release (worst case conditions) under substance-specific limit for food contact as per EU regulations on biocidal products (50 ng/g)
- Theoretical durability: 55 years (= max. duration of silver ion release and consequent anti-microbial effect when cleaned twice a day) with maximum aggressive cleaning method with nitric acid (HNO3 at 40°C )
- Laboratory weathering as per DIN ISO 4892-A-2 1,000 h
- Condensation test 40 °C 100% R.H. (no change in the material and surface properties)
- Temperature cycle test 8 h 80 °C/16 h 25 °C 6 weeks (no change in material and surface properties)
- Temperature aging at 80 °C for 6 weeks (no change in material and surface properties)
EFFICACY AGAINST FOLLOWING PATHOGENS AS PER STANDARDS JIS Z 2801 / DIN EN ISO 22196, ASTM 2180, ASTM 2149
Bacillus subtilis, Burkholderia cepacia, Clavibacter michiganensis, Enterococcus faecium, Erwinia amylovora, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Methicillin resistenter Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Pseudomonas syringae, Rhizobium radiobacter (Agrobacterium tumefaciens), Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Streptococcus mutans, Aspergillus niger, Aureobasidium pullulans, Aureobasidium pullulans, Candida albicans, Fusarium solani, Microdochium nivale, Penicillium funiculosum, Scopulariopsis brevicaulis, Streptomyces abikoensis, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Virus bacteriophage MS2 and others
SAFETY & NON-TOXICITY
|In-vitro cytotoxicity:||ISO 10993-5|
|Mutagenicity:||OECD TG 471|
|Allergy test:||Local Lymph Node Assay (LLNA)|
|Skin tolerance:||OECD TG 402|
OECD TG 404
OECD TG 406
|Eye inflammation:||HET-CAM-test |
OECD TG 406
|Inhalation studies:||OECD TG 413|
|Oral toxicity:||OECD TG 408|
|Development toxicology & teratogenicity:||OECD TG 413 |
OECD TG 422
|Water organisms:||OECD TG 201, 202, 203, 210, 211, 221|
|Micro-organisms:||OECD TG 217, 201, ISO 15685, DIN 38412 L 48, DIN ISO 17155|
|Soil organisms:||OECD TG 232, 226, 222, 219, 207, ISO/DIS 17512-1|
|Activated sludge:||OECD TG 303, 209|
|Waste water treatment plant:||Nitrification is not affected; also, efficient and high removal|
rate of nano silver (worst case scenario: 1 ppm